NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Yes it really is that time of year again.
Traditionally the list has always been published in December. Last years list was late as I was taking over from Rori after her retirement but this year I want to return to the usual schedule.
So let’s get started with some very exciting news…
This year the list will be sponsored by the truly fabulous Kink Craft.
I can’t overstate how their generous support makes a difference to my ability to be able to really give this list the proper time and attention it deserves. I believe that the list is of huge value within our community. It helps to recognise some of the best sex bloggers around and also allows a more established blogger like Rori and now myself to share some of our ‘traffic juice’ with lesser known but not lesser valued voices and give my readers access to other great reads. Kink Craft are a company who have totally taken on board the relevance and importance of the sex blogging community as a whole and so I was utterly delighted when they agreed to sponsor this years list because I knew they would not only understand what the list was about but also why the community needs championing.
prizes. Kink Craft have created 3 beautiful custom hand-made floggers in gold, silver and bronze. Which will be sent to the top 3 bloggers on this years list
I am going to create a spread sheet, sexy stuff I know, and each blog nominated will be marked on 4 different areas (10 possible marks in each) resulting in a score out of 40 based on the following areas. We will then average out those scores with any ties will being judged by us. This is not a small task and so just to be clear @domsigns will be helping me with this process.
- Blog Design – Is it pleasing to the eye, is it easy to find content, is it mobile responsive, is social media information easy to find, is the actual text easy to read?
- Content – Quality of content. Is it original, interesting, innovative, sexy, inspiring etc? If the images are not created by the blog author are they being used ethically, as in full credits for where an image is sourced from provided? Quantity of content, see the rules below.
- About Me – Is it easy to find out information about the author of the site that gives a new reader some insight into who or what the site is about. You might want to read the post I wrote on this subject especially if you don’t have an about me page or have not updated it since you first started blogging. What about you?
- My Personal Score – Rori’s list was always based on what SHE liked and there is no way round this but for me to do the same. If you knock my knickers off then you are going to do well and it is as simple as that.
The Rules of the Game…
I have created a permanent page on my site for the rules , any updates or amendments will be published here but as this is the nominations posts I am putting them here also. PLEASE make sure you READ them before making your nominations!
- If you are a sex blogger, no nominating yourself! I encourage your to tell your readers and social followers so they can nominate you.
- Each nomination MUST include the blog url, not just a name
- The number of nominations any blog gets is not relevant to the outcome of the list. So those with 1 nomination and those with 20 are all considered for the list on an equal footing.
- Blog content can be anything sex related – erotica, sex education, sex news, sexy images, etc. Nothing illegal, obviously. (Read this post to decide if a blog is eligible based on content.)
- The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password.
- The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least November 1st, 2015 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else.
- You can nominate as many bloggers as you like, but please try to limit it to your very favorites.
- The blog must have a minimum of 24 posts published between Nov 2015 – Oct 2016. Any blog with no posts in the last 45 days will be eliminated.
- Tumblr style blogs that are purely reposting other people’s content are not eligible for the list.
- Commercial magazine style sites are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs attached to commercial shops are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs that previously won the #1 spot have been retired (see the list below).
Previous winner on the list are: Sinclair SexSmith (2008) Coquitten (blog no longer available. 2009) (No #1 winner in 2010) Guy New York (2011) Molly’s Daily Kiss (2012) Lady Pandorah (Blog no longer open. 2013) Girl on the Net (2014) A Dissolute Life Means (2015)
PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ANY OF THESE PREVIOUS WINNERS.
These are the current rules as of 1st October 2016. We reserve the right to amend, adapt, change or suspend the rules at our discretion but any changes will be issued in writing on this site.
I know a lot of blogs but I do not know everyone and I am relying on you to help me get to know many more. Nominations are now open. You make your nominations in the comments below or you can email them directly to me firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject line with ‘2016 Nominations’. Please feel free to return and make as many nominations as you wish. Nominations will run until the 1st of November 2016 which should give people plenty of time. That will give me November to do all the reading etc with the aim of publishing the list on the 1st December 2016
One final thought before you go though. I am sure there will be people who questions my motivations for doing this but if that is the case then you clearly do not know me very well. I have always and will always do everything in my power to encourage, develop and support the sex blogging community. I believe this list does exactly that. Yes it is subjective. There really is no other way to do it without turning it into a voting contest which then opens it up to being dominated by the blogs with higher followers/readership and or those happy to pump their followers for votes. That doesn’t necessarily reflect the best of the blogs only those with the best reach. That seems counter productive to the very ideals of the list. So, if you have problems with me doing a list, as Rori always used to say, please do feel free to do your own.
Right, let’s get this show on the road. Time for you all to start nominating your favourites!